Are you a prostate cancer patient or caregiver/partner who would prefer one-on-one support over our usual group approach? If so, you may be interested in the TrueNTH(True NORTH) Peer-Navigaton program.
This is a new program at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and BC Cancer Agency funded by the Movember Foundation that connects prostate cancer (PCa) patients or caregivers with trained peer navigators who have been through the journey first-hand.
It is open to Canadian PCa patients and caregivers who are looking for one-on-one support from someone who has already been there!
1. Have you been diagnosed with PCa, and will receive or have received treatment for PCa?
2. Are you a caregiver of a man with PCa?
3. Are you comfortable using computers and the Internet?
1. Use a website to be matched with a peer navigator who has been through the PCa journey and has been trained to provide peer support.
2. Get one-on-one support from your peer navigator, who will support you through your journey
online, by telephone or in-person.
3. Complete the program evaluations.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact program coordinator.
Peer.firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-581-7652